OnAir Airline Manager
|OnAir Airline Manager|
|Windows / iOS / Android / Web|
|November 7, 2019|
|MMO / Tycoon / Flight Simulator|
|Discord / Facebook|
|Trial download (2 weeks)|
OnAir Airline Manager is a massively multiplayer online (MMO) airline management game with a persistent world that runs in real-time. Manage your own airline: Follow your aircrafts, employees, cargos, passengers, etc. in real time on a live map. Manage your company from multiple devices: A rich Windows client, mobile apps for Dashboard and Logistic Center, and a web interface for Maps and Dashboard.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Persistent real-time world. It never stops, 24/7, with real-time weather, real-world events. It’s alive.
- Many roles are possible. Managing an airline or FBO (selling maintenance, fuel, and even aircraft), fly as a pilot, try to find the most profitable jobs and have other airlines fly them, etc. We build the world; you need to decide how to use it.
- Designed with player interaction in mind. Strategic alliances between player possible. Code sharing. You got an aircraft you are not using, rent it out to your friends!
- Hire people. You can have your friends work for your company or hire AI bots.
- Gain skills. Make your company more efficient or being able to handle more complex tasks by using your skill point on the Skill Tree. From a license to do medical flights to better skill in hiring cabin crew.
- Manage your company using the special Smartphone app. If you have multiple aircraft flying long distances you can monitor their flights.
- Logistic Center that has thousands of assignments ready. Never again wonder where you are going to fly. Just pick an assignment and go fly!
- All airport, most aircraft. You can fly from every airport in the world in almost all generally used aircraft. You can even add aircraft if you are willing to do a check ride in a simulator so we can measure its performance.
- A simulation for flight simmers AND tycoon enthusiasts. Fully designed to be used with or without a connected simulator! Compatible with all versions of FSX, all versions of P3D and X-Plane 10 and 11. Support for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator in progress. There is no difference in gameplay between sim-connected and not connected versions. Same world, same interaction.
- OnAir is a simulation installed on your own system. It is not an internet application.
- Free accompanying smartphone apps (Android and iPhone).
For simulator users[edit | edit source]
- All your flights are monitored in detail and logged into the system using a very clever system that needs almost no attention.
- Allows time compression.
- Allows flights to be stopped and resumed later.
- Compatible with all add-ons.
- No measurable impact on framerates.
Overview[edit | edit source]
At its core, OnAir Airline Manager is a traditional tycoon game, with traditional elements like a skill tree and increasing difficulty levels. Designed for flight simmers AND tycoon enthusiasts!
The user starts an airline and tries to grow it to a larger airline. You start by renting a small aircraft and transporting some good. If you are a flight simmer you can fly these missions yourself, if you are not, you can hire a virtual pilot and have him fly it. Do check the weather (yes, real-time weather) because taking a job and not being able to complete it can be costly!
As you start to make money you are also gaining experience points that you can use in the skill tree to allow you to train your pilots, get a license to transport passenger and dozens of other skills. Slowly but steadily, you will be able to buy or lease larger aircraft; thus, enabling completely new challenges. If you buy an expensive aircraft, you need to plan maintenance (and that costs a small fortune) and it needs to fly a lot. You will also need multiple crew members (including cabin crew) and you'll need to start thinking about where you'd like to place them. If they are not at their home airport you will need to pay hotels. If you need to relocate them, you can decide to send a small aircraft or buy tickets for them. Or…. ask one of your friends to take them.
To be successful in the game you need friends. You are not alone in the world. You can compete with all other users or you build up strategic alliances where you support each other. You can ask others to fly your missions, you can fly part of a mission to avoid getting your aircraft too far from their home base and let your friends complete it. If you got room in your aircraft and fly roughly in the right direction pick up the cargo of your friend and drop it off.
As the system is written to give the user an incredible freedom. You can start a company that specializes in medical transports, or in flying horses around to big events. You can even not fly at all and try to make money with an FBO selling services, repairs, and fuel to other companies. Or why not try to pick up all the best paying jobs and offer them to other companies for a slightly lower amount? Or buy a lot of aircraft and lease them to other companies? OnAir is the ‘world’ and what you do in it is your choice.
OnAir has a big smartphone component (Android and Android. Not only can you track the progress of your company, but you can also keep following the mission market making sure you have first pick of the most valuable missions. Although you can ‘pause’ your game (at a cost) the world moves on so it will pay off to keep an eye on the world.
- Everybody is invited to try out OnAir for two weeks without any cost. Download the client here: https://www.onair.company/download/publish.htm. Make an account and download the fully functional software. When your two-week free trial is coming to an end you will be asked to buy a license.